Thursday, May 27, 2010

Fabric Covered Coasters

I recently found some cork board coasters that I bought at Michael's in my scraproom. Believe it or not, I was organizing ;) I decided to go ahead and cover them with fabric to go with the table that DH just finished for the downstairs sitting room. I would normally use felt to cover the back, but I didn't have any on hand so I used Kraft Cardstock to cover until I get some felt. Intead of sewing I used Helmar's Craft glue to put these all together.
I also used the adhesive to make a piece of fabric to go on top of the table as well.

Pin It!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Vintage Album

For NSD I decided to take me first class! I've known Tammy for a couple years now and love her style. It's totally not anything I do, so I thought I would take a class with her to see where that creativity comes from and to see if anything would rub off on me :D This class took about 4.5 hours and when I came home I finished it off! We used Graphic 45 and I used Helmar's 450 adhesive and tape runner. We made this completely from scratch. The class will be available soon on Big Picture Scrapbooking!

Pin It!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Wow! It's been a minute!

I sat down this morning and started designing! Seems like I haven't put out a kit in forever! I also managed to put together a printable banner as well! This would be something cute for the kiddos to put together for dad for Father's Day! And it's on sale! My guest CT for this month is also doing a hybrid challenge! If you want to participate jump in for your chance to win a 5.00 GC to my shoppe, plus a chance to possibly be a guest CT for a month!

Purchase Link

Pin It!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Pagemaps Monthly Sketch Challenge

This is my first time doing a challenge on the Page Maps site! I've contributed before but I love the idea of a monthly challenge. It's also been raining for the last four days in St Louis, so I had to take the photo of the layout here inside. Which I have a hard time with it seems. I think it's time for that flash purchase ;) I used mainly 7 Gypsies on this layout. Alpha is from Cosmo Cricket. The chipboard frame is from Magistical Memories and the adhesive I used is from Helmar. Their runner, Scrap Dots liquid and foam squares ;)

Pin It!

Thursday, May 06, 2010

Helmar + Fabric = LOVE!

For the month of May, I'm all Helmar's! I'm their guest designer for this month! I would like to put all my fabric goodies that I made into one post for everyone! Also, ACherryOnTop is now carrying their Craft Glue that I used on the fabric and the ScrapDots that I used on my layouts for dimension. This is the liquid form of pop dots, so you're able to control the dimension and it dries clear ;) The first thing I made from the fabric I got from Fat Quarter were the pillows. Instead of buying new pillows I made slip covers for the ones that I was going to replace! To do this wash and iron your fabric. Measure and cut your fabric to fit your pillow. Lay the print facing each other and glue about 1/4 inch around 3 sides. Let dry about 15 minutes, invert your fabric and slide your pillow in. The way I closed my pillow is I put adhesive on one side and folded the two open side together. Smooth across and let dry. I also sewed on some buttons in the middle and added some more craft glue behind the button for extra hold.

No Sew Flowers
I made these flowers from the pieces I had left over from my pillows. I think they would also look cute on the pillows as well ;) For these I cut out 5 circles, they don't need to be perfect. Fold four of them in half with the pattern on the outside, then in half again. Put a circle amount of craft glue in the center of your fifth circle and lay the points of the four folded circles in the center. Let dry. Add whatever you wish to the center. I even misted with Tattered Angels Marshmallow for some shimmer! I added some ScrapDots on the inside of the blue petals to get them to stand up a bit more.

I found a great tutorial here for fabric headbands! Instead of using a sewing machine I used Craft Glue! I did add a couple stitches at the end to help give support to the elastic. I'm really hard on my hair stuff so thought it wouldn't hurt! I would love to see if anyone else attempts this! I think these would make great baby girl gifts!

Finally and altered window pane!
I wish I would have gotten a picture of this before I tore it apart. I was going to send this to a consignment shop before I saw that I could tear it apart. So visualize an Americana flag painted on wood and nailed onto the back. There was also Americana fabric tied onto the twig part. I was able to tear off the flag part because it was nailed in. I used my scrap fabric from the pillows I made and used the Craft glue to adhere that on the back of the panel. I put my photos on the front in case I ever want to replace them, with Helmar's adhesive runner. The fabric flowers I also cut from my scraps. The "T" I cut out of cardboard and covered with extra fabric as well. I thought it needed something so I just tied some fabric onto it, I might add some bling as well ;) Photos used were taken by Bridget from imaginatephotography.com

Pin It!